Comfortably numb...


the mantel...all ready for spring.

our cat Jack...the definition of comfortably numb...and the inspiration for my title


I can't get out of my own way... yet, I also have been tearing around the house trying to get a head start on spring cleaning and trying to finally finish our now almost two-year old home. By finish, I mean paint a few closet doors that got "missed"; fill in some nail holes in the trim and do touch-ups; and paint more trim so that I can finally see the end to the paintbrush, except when it is called on for a "fun" project. Now that my son's birthday is over and done with, I can move on to other projects that need doing...but for some reason I am faced with dread at the thought of tackling them.

The framed pictures were painted/drawn by my two youngest children. The one in front is of a chick...

I got both of these from Winners...

The kids are off on March Break this week and we basically have a whole lot of nothing planned. I plan to work only if absolutely necessary. The Easter decorations are up, I have washed some curtains, cleaned on top of my fridge (why is it sticky up there?), and yet in between chores and meals, I am walking around in a bit of a daze. I want to be ready to burst through the door when spring finally arrives for real. I want to be ready for the opening of the garden centers instead of feeling the draw to be inside cleaning out cupboards and closets...yet I'm not sure I'm ready. Back to back rotten colds have me a bit down and out, yearning to plop onto the sofa and pretend I've nowhere to be, and no items on my to-do list. Comfortably numb...that's what I am, yet life isn't allowing it. Is it strange to almost wish it was still winter...not the weather, but the slower pace??

...my collection of bunnies

Some days, I want to be a child...relaxing on the couch on a rainy day, sniffing the air for the smells of dinner cooking...taking guesses as to what will be served that night. Or perhaps outside trying out my bicycle after the winter's break...seeing if my legs will be always be as wobbly as they feel on that inaugural ride. Then, thoughts of school and homework snap me back to reality and I put on my big girl shoes and am happy to be an adult again. Because that is what I am...a grown-up with a family, a home, a job, and responsibilities...and I give my head a good shake and get on with it. Seasons change...and I'm good with that. Next week, spring can come...


I picked up this beautiful box of soaps in Halifax...along with the great, wooden tray that says, Postage Stamp


I made this shadow box picture using a beautiful Easter greeting card I found last year. I am pretty sure it is a Hallmark card...

Neither the chocolate bunny nor the candies (sooo pretty) are real. If they were, the dish would be empty...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...