Happy Birthday, sweet boy...

My baby boy turns twelve, despite all my pleadings to stay little. Luckily, for me, my cuddliest of babies has stayed young at heart and still very affectionate. His butter blond hair remains and his husky, little voice still makes me smile when he answers the phone. I love him like mad, and will be preparing his favoured birthday meal: ribs, steak, and "hot beets". He has always had an old man's palate, loving lemon tarts, pie, the occasional cup of tea, and plenty of roughage. He loves to be cozy, and happily wrapped himself up in his grandma's birthday gift to him: a handknit blanket very similar to that which she knit him as a baby, and woolen socks. No matter that Spring is almost upon us...he'll simply turn on his overhead fan, as he did all winter while wearing polar fleece pyjamas to bed!!

Happy Birthday!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...