Finally, all finished and and all grown up!!

I have lamented before about the struggle to get my bedroom the way it should be...where it feels right when I enter the room, and I am finally happy with the overall look. I have always left my bedroom to the last, decorating with bits and bobs left over from the rest of the house. Well, no more!! I am finally happy with my room. What I didn't like about my old room was the sweetness...now I have a room that, when it was finally put together, I entered it and felt serenity wash over me. I finally have a room that feels like I've grown up and my room relects it...I am so happy!

This is what my room looked like on Monday:
After doing the prep work and in between the two coats of paint:




I decided to go the safe route, paint colour wise, and used Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage. It is the colour in my living room and dining area, and after much agonizing (to the point I thought I should just not bother...I just could not decide on a colour...), I went out to my living room in a huff, and looked around and muttered to myself, "I love this colour, why can't I find something I love as much that will work with the bedding I purchased??" Bingo!! Light bulb moment...surely it couldn't be that easy?? But it was!! I played it safe, but I didn't settle!! Safe was the perfect option, as it is a colour that makes me happy and makes me feel calm...perfect for a bedroom!!

So, without further adieu, here is the unveiling of my new sanctuary...don't you love the drama and pretentious decorating speak??!!

I actually changed very little as far as accessories go. I purchased new bedding: a silvery blue duvet cover and shams that has a textured, quilted effect, and is so soft and lovely, I can hardly believe my luck!! I also painted my dressers, added some crystal knobs to them and my closet doors; added some "organic accessories, like my apple ladder among others; bought beautiful crisp, cotton sheets that have a lovely linen banding along them and the pillow cases, and hung some beautiful velvet drapes that my new friend, Chris, so sweetly gave to me (I still have to take pictures of those...hubby just hung them for me tonight!). All the rest of the decor was already in the room, so I just rearranged some things and others stayed in exactly the same spot.

Here are some more pictures of my room from different angles (I sure wish my camera was more sophisticated!!).


















oops! I still have to hang those pictures with ribbon!!

















my sweet hubby made me this bed a few years ago!!


















ugly t.v. I know, but this room is for living!!

I still need to decide on a light fixture, and I will post a picture of that when it actually goes up. I hope you like the changes...I'd love to hear your thoughts!! Well, off I go to my "new room"...I am a happy, grown-up girl indeed!!!

I love the birds!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...