This in common...

I have the best sister in the world. I know you all likely do too, but mine is extra special. My sister Wendy is, simply put, kind through and through. She is always quick to lend a hand, to offer you what she has, and is the most loyal of friends. I jokingly call her Oprah, or Dr. Phil (not so flattering) because she is literally the best advice-giver I know. I can go to her with a problem or a grumble and she will tell me exactly what I need to hear. She doesn't always sugar coat it, but her counsel is always given with love. She is generous to a fault (with the exception of popcorn and yard sale finds) and sometimes ends up leaving her own emotional reserve empty. She is not one to burden others with her problems, thus, sometimes we forget to ask how she is doing. Of course, like the rest of us she is not perfect; and of this she is her own harshest critic. We are different in many ways, but we do have important characteristics in common. We both aspire to live life to the fullest, to live in the moment, and we value our families above all else. Wendy is an excellent mother. She homeschools her four children (although little Ella is just beginning this journey...) and truly devotes her life to her children. She cares deeply about issues that affect the beleaguered, and women's issues at home and abroad. In fact, these issues are the ones that keep her up at night. She worries about those who need help. She is probably the least self-involved person I know.

On the lighter side of things, she is a nester, like me. She has wonderful taste and seems to have an intuitive style...one not overly affected by trends or must-haves...but more what appeals to her artistic side. She is currently renovating an older Cape Cod home, and is doing it on a fixed budget. Thus, the reno is not proceeding as quickly as she would like, but each and every change she and her husband make creates a more beautiful home that reflects her love of nature. Nothing in her home is staged, and while she enjoys decor magazines, she does not need them to guide her decorating. Her home has an organic feel; it reflects the natural setting in which it is nestled.

I hope you enjoy this tour of Wendy's home and meeting the sister who is my best friend.

This is a vintage cabinet that Wendy got for $20 and painted the palest shade of blue.

This is Wendy's dining room that she just gave a makeover.

This is my niece Ella's walk-in closet where she hangs all her pretty clothes and dress-up gowns.

Here is Wendy's mudroom. Her hubby laid the slate floors, and she selected a warm, welcoming shade. She is a bit more daring than me...which is not hard at times!

Wendy's master bedroom, and some of her collections...

...and her youngest boy, Jack...and yes, he is really asleep!!

So go have a peek at the rest of Wendy's remodel. You will enjoy her style!! Don't just take my biased opinion!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...