Cabin fever, winter doldrums, and Thelma and Louise...



Can you sense the connection between the words in the title?? Yep, I finally have them...the winter blues. Not a bad case, but definitely a yearning to stretch my legs, spread my wings...and head out on a road trip!! As I have stated before, I don't hate winter. I rather love the four different seasons and can appreciate the positives in each. I love nothing more in the winter than to watch a good snowfall from the warmth of my living room, the scent of dinner roasting in the oven, and a cup of coffee at my reach. However, this cozy scene is getting rather tired, even for me! I feel like a bear waking up from his winter's slumber (I wish) and ready to sniff out something exciting...new!!

Which brings me to the sudden overwhelming urge for a roadtrip!! I do not know where I feel like heading, but I have a strong urge to "Get out of Dodge" and play tourist. I'm definitely not one to crave a trip to a warm climate (too involved), but I definitely know I am feeling the itch to expand my horizons somewhere! Perhaps it was my trip to Toronto in January, but I quite like the idea of small-scale travel again. Will it happen? I don't know...but I do know that my desire for change is burning my feet!!
Well, she definitely looks like she's having loads of fun...

...and this photo is totally unrelated, but is a trip back in time to the height of child seat safety!!!
Yikes...!!!!

(again...all photos from www.squareamerica.com)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...