To do...or not to do!


I have a to-do list as long as my arm! I want to organize all my photos, put them in albums and sort the ones that need to be scrap-booked (totally overwheming!!), take all our family home videos to be converted to DVD, dust (my least favourite job), rake the huge gravel stones off my lawn, start some spring cleaning, plan my son's birthday, and more!! I simply can't seem to work through it in a systematic manner, however. This week has been busy with work-related appointments and coupled with kid's activities, feeling rotten, and basic household "chores" I can't seem to get the energy, or desire, to tackle it. I did manage to shake the cobwebs off me yesterday and meet a friend for lunch, which I think went a long way towards persuading myself I felt "better" (I chose to ignore the spinning in my head, the low-grade fever and the growly chest congestion). After taking my son to the doctor so she could have a look at his "wrestling with his little brother" wrist injury (and subsequent x-ray), I raced home to make a chicken stew and home-made rolls (well,from the breadmaker). I figured the nutrition in the stew would help those of us with the cold, and would guarantee a Friday night take-out night, considering hubby cooked dinner the night before...apple pancakes and sausages...comfort food at its best.
After dinner, I headed out for another decor consult: a kitchen, living room, and bathroom ...where I hoped the clients didn't mind my gravelly voice and red nose. I so love this job - its flexibility with hours means I am always home when my kids are, and hubby or my eldest son can fill in the gaps when I have evening or weekend appointments.

Other than that, I am happy to be gearing up for a weekend spent helping good friends move, shuttling my boys to and from basketball games( I love indoor sports!), and hosting play dates for my girlie. March break is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I am more than ready for the break from making lunches....how pathetic is that??!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...