Sofa Therapy...



Like everyone else on the planet, I am sick with a rotten cold. I won't bore you with details, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was driving home from a consultation yesterday, when all of a sudden, I found myself cranking up the heat when I probably could have been cracking a window. The weather has improved here, temporarily, but another (minor) storm is coming tonight.

Do you think this could be the problem??

It might not be helping...As soon as I can haul my sorry self outside long enough to dismantle the "snow porch"(without shuddering with fever) I'm on it!!


I decided I would outsmart this virus today by resting at home (in my p.j.'s) and just putter around getting my laundry done in between laying flat on the sofa, but it wasn't to be. I ended up getting called out to a client's to iron out some ordering details for her new/old kitchen (it is more like an extensive facelift than a major reno). I did my best to look and sound smart, but probably succeeded with neither...it was too last minute to truly rid myself of the "sofa head" look and a red nose is always sooo pretty!

Speaking of kitchens, I seem to be the "kitchen lady". Certainly, a large number of my clients hire me for that reason, and kitchens are definitely one of my favourite projects to take on. I saw a fun kitchen yesterday on my job, and it cemented my belief that you cannot tell what type of decorating style a person has either by age, gender, location, personal style, etc. This particular client was fun, perky, lived out in the country and while she definitely had a more log cabin country flair to her home, she also had installed a great pantry with stainless steel counters, industrial looking open shelving (above and below), and unique accessories. However, it was when I entered her living room that my jaw dropped open. Resting against the wall and on top of a wonderful cream sideboard, was the object of my dreams. It was a gothic-inspired window frame straight from a church and it was huge - the exact scale I have been looking for to put in my own home!! I instantly started daydreaming that she would sense my profound love (how could she not...I was gushing) and offer up a trade for services rendered. However, she was a wise lady and after a quick living room consultation, moved back to the kitchen where she likely sensed I would be safer to stay!!

You may have noticed that I don't, as a rule, post photos of my client's homes. While I do sometimes take before and after shots for my portfolio, I personally find it a bit awkward to bring up the topic of photographing their photos for my site. I also live in a small town, so in some cases, it wouldn't be difficult for local folks to "put a name to a house". Also, the client and I usually get right down to business, and I confess I have missed a few great photo ops simply because we do get right to task and the opportunity is lost.

Well, I think I'll head back to the sofa for a while, and pop a few more Cold FX capsules...I have to be better tomorrow and I'm not good at lounging around for long!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...