Jean Harlow and old movies...

(Marilyn Monroe as Jean Harlow)




(Dinner at eight)





Isn't she fabulous?! Don't you just love her?! Don't you just love Dinner at eight?! I hadn't watched this movie for ever so long but after buying my new copy of Romantic homes magazine and seeing the darling Jean Harlow - Dinner at eight picture in the back, I was prompted to hunt the movie down and watch it again.

Those sets are so over the top yet absolutely fabulous! I adore old movies. My favourites are Hitchcock thrillers - especially Rear Window. My very favourite onscreen siren is Grace Kelly but I also love Marilyn flicks - who doesn't? lol ;) Another favourite is Doris Day in Pillow Talk.

I guess you could say I have a thing for blondes? lol

If you have any suggestions for ultimate vintage movies with fabulous sets please let me know :)






(how gorgeous were the 50's sets?)


p.s Aussie's, Romantic homes march issue is now available. I purchased mine at Borders. There's a feature on the gorgeous home of beautiful Sara Duckett of the Sadie Olive blog :)

(image courtesy of Sadie Olive)


pp.s I thought I'd treat myself to a little pressie from Ebay this week to add to my very own "cabinet of curiosities", and it just arrived in the post...weeeeee aren't they cute? hehe ;)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...