Baby, It's Cold....Out...Side!!!!


Well, it's officially fall, speaking from a weather perspective! When I went to bed Monday night, my room was positively freezing. You see, hubby and I like to keep the window over our bed cracked every night, as neither of us are fans of a stuffy, warm room. Well, there was no fear of that last night. I leapt into bed, hoping to plant my cold toes on him and steal some of his warmth, when thud, up hops our favourite kitty with precisely the same idea. He sandwiched himself in between us, and foiled my plans of cozying up to my built in furnace/husband. Luckily for him (the cat), he is too cute to fire off the bed!! So I snaked myself as close to the little furball as I could, so close that his incessant purring kept me awake!!




The next morning was still nippy, despite the rain, so after I bundled the kids off to school, I boiled the kettle for a cup of tea and lit my fireplace for the first time this season. I never thought I'd get as much enjoyment out of a fireplace, but the heat it gives off is heavenly...


It was one of those damp, cold days so I figured I'd make my famous (I'm kidding) chili which I make mostly because it's easy and I'm trying to cut back on my grocery budget by following a meal plan. Hubby's on a kick that we're at the grocery store too much (which we are), so he's all gung-ho about the idea of planning ahead. Me...not so much. Sure the money saved is nice, but what he doesn't realize is that the real money saved will come from my not getting to buy so many magazines!!! Oh well, I have quite a number I can look at here. I did manage to sneak a couple in the other night when we popped in for our well-planned grocery shopping trip. I slipped the new House and Home holiday edition and the Country Home November issue in under a large box of cereal. I'm a sneaky wife I know....but really, who's gonna pass those ones up??!!

As promised, below are a few more Fall decorating shots from my home. I took them while I was waiting for everyone to get home for my chili supper. My ego ended up taking a bruising, though. My eldest son "doesn't like all the stuff I put in it" (like kidney beans and green peppers), and my little girl informed me she HATES chili!! On the bright side, my other son... my favourite child for the moment... loved it and hubby said it was good, too. They all had no problem scarfing down the chocolate cake hubby brought home. He gets to be the supper hero. Oh well, I stuck him with the dishes, while I worked on a decorating plan for an upcoming job! All in all, it was a great, cold day, and after the kids went to bed, I enjoyed flipping through the pages of my new magazines in front of the fire. No more cold toes for me...!!!!











** the cute little bucket holds Sophie's sidewalk chalk. I change it with the seasons...The orange tin jack o'lantern thing-a-ma-jig is one of my favourite Halloween pieces. I like putting my popcorn in it on Grey's Anatomy night!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...