I can speak clearly now, The pain is gone...

photo: Martha Stewart Living

~~SIGH~~I think I've turned the corner!! I visited my oral surgeon today for the third time since my surgery and I am actually sitting here typing (pretty much) pain free!! I still have some muscle soreness in my jaw, and if I bend over, I get a sharp pain in the socket, but other than that...relief. He thinks I had a dry socket and mild infection and apparently, I also clench my jaw at night causing painful muscle spasms, and...well, basically all that could go wrong, did. I want to thank those of you who sent such kind thoughts my way while I was down and out. I truly appreciated the sentiments, the "drug" recommendations, and a special thanks to my good friend, Janet, for the lovely bouquet of daisies. They were much appreciated!!

Well, enough about THAT!! Now that I feel better, guess what my mind has turned to...you guessed it, HALLOWEEN!! I am going to drag all my spooky, glittered decorations out of the basement and get started. I can't wait!! First things first is to re-do my mantel. I'm thinking it will be the perfect place for my Halloween village, or even better: a ghoulish science lab! I also make pumpkin people for my front yard, placed strategically around to startle unsuspecting visitors!! My kids have begun chattering about what they want to dress up as, and I'm hoping they are not costumes that cost me too much money! I love thinking up creative costumes that I can "make" at home (no, I don't sew; I pin or glue!!).

I'll post again tomorrow and show you my decorating progress. For now, I'll leave you with some of the cute costumes my kids have worn in recent years!!
My son (in the middle) dressed as Napoleon Dynamite!!
Witchie-poo!!

What's that saying? Too cute to spook??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...