What was I thinking...???

I am, for lack of a better word, in toothache hell!!! It is a place I haven't been since I was a child, and would not even send my worst enemy to! I had a wisdom tooth removed on Wednesday. It was a "preventive health" decision only, as the tooth was below the gum and giving me no trouble. My young dentist felt I should really consider having it removed as it may have given me trouble in the future. Well, the future is the future, and I so wish I had waited!!! I had been skeptical in the first place about his advice, as (and I can't help this) I am often a bit suspicious of dentist's motives (childhood scars). I think he looked at me and saw $$ signs as he gave me the worst-case scenario of leaving the tooth in....(think massive infection that eats away at the jaw bone, unnoticed, leaving me with 2/3 of my jaw gone, etc. etc.). Well, the fear mongering worked and now I am in my own private purgatory. Funny thing is, as hubby and I were reading the list of post-op recommendations and restrictions, he looked at me and asked, "D0 you wanna get out of here...just leave??" He was serious, and unfortunately for me, I was feeling stupidly brave, and thought, "How bad could it be?". Indeed...

Long story short, I have alternated between crying, moaning, desperation and fear at the level of pain I'm under, and thus cannot blog, as I am afraid if I write about how I truly feel, there just might be some curse words involved. It is amazing how cranky and out of character pain can make one feel. I also feel true, deep sympathy for those who live with a high level of pain on a daily basis, or those who live with the despair of chronic pain that has no end in sight. Pain is all-consuming, and I am ever so hopeful mine will end soon. If there is an infection involved, I hope it will be quickly cleared up and if it is muscular (it feels like I have the most intense toothache in both my upper and lower teeth with a constant throbbing that makes me want to scream), that something will calm them down so I can get some relief.

Sorry for the prolonged venting, but I needed it, and I just wanted to let you know I can't write about anything until I get this under control...

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends...eat enough for me, too!! Oh, and for any of you considering elective dental surgery...DON"T DO IT!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...