Ma'am...step away from the Christmas decorations...!!!


That is the voice that I need programmed into my brain...the proverbial angel on my shoulder telling me that I have enough Christmas decorations, and that buying any more is just silly. You see, I wandered into our local Zellers store (Canadian) and nonchalantly found myself gravitating towards the seasonal department...telling myself that they probably won't have their Christmas decor out yet, and even if they did, I would hardly be tempted...given the ridiculous amount of decorations I already have.

Well, that is what was buzzing in my brain, anyway. It did not, however, end up that way. No, it never quite does when you plunk me in a seasonal decor aisle...You see, because my house is fairly compact, and I really have enough everyday decor and I despise clutter in my own home, I am getting fairly particular about bringing in any more everyday accessories into the mix. I simply don't have a place for any more, and I am quite happy with what I do have. In fact, while I spend a fair bit of time thinking about others' (clients) decor, I feel quite finished for now with my own home, and my business is busy enough to keep me from obsessing about it...for now. All bets are off, however, when it comes to decorating for the holidays! I LOVE holiday decorating and always change my seasonal decor from year to year, either tweaking what I have, or adding to my collections. Well, in Zellers, I found my match!!
In my opinion, for our area, Zellers has the most beautiful and reasonably priced holiday decor of anywhere...gift shops included! They have a great line by Alfred Sung Home, and the rest of their collections are top notch! If you want to go with an icy theme, a natural theme, red and white, vintage, blue and brown, copper and gold, ivory and black...you name it, they have it!! We are very lucky, in my opinion, to have such great selection in such a small town! Oh, and an earlier trip to Canadian Tire yielded some glorious finds as well...that store runs a close second!! I need to stay out of these stores...I find myself drooling over the choices and thinking up new decor schemes...it's a hard battle that I seem to be losing!! Oh, and yes, these photos are photographic evidence of my pathetic lack of willpower...but isn't it all so great? I couldn't resist that vintage glass stove, the little crown (for Sophie's tree), and those glittered "postcards"...

So, here's my plan:
1. I need to enlist a friend to call when I find myself irresistably drawn to purchasing more of what I don't need, but desperately want...Any takers??
2. I need to NOT go to those stores at all...
3. I need to get myself some clients who want someone to decorate for the holidays for them!! Businesses, homeowners, charities...ANYONE!!!!!!!! My ideas are overflowing, but my own space (both actual and storage) is limited!
Just somebody...please...help me back away from the Christmas decorations...at least when it comes to my own home!!!
These gift tags are glittered... don't you just love the Santa hanging a wreath on the door??
giant pom pom fringe...for a snowman?
I need the "phone a friend" lifeline...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...