Candid Camera...

I am going to address a hot topic being discussed in some blogging circles. It is about whether or not we are too free when posting photos of ourselves and family and friends. The main dilemma with it all is, should a good blogger or My Space/Facebook/You-tube user ask for the photo subject(s) permission before posting a photo of them? Is it always o.k. to post a family member or friend's photo? And what if they find the photo of themselves unflattering or just don't want to be "out there" for the folks in cyber space to see? Is it o.k. for the subject to ask you to take down said photo if they are unhappy with it...or is that infringing on the website owner's creative freedom? I have my own thoughts on this (I am resistant to having my photo taken at the best of times, and certainly want to O.K. the photo before having it posted on someone's site). Call it shy, call it insecure, call it neurotic, but I am just not one of those people who jumps at the chance to be photographed...right or wrong. My sister, Wendy, posted about this topic on her personal blog, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Hop on over to her site to read her post on this topic, and/or leave your opinion here. Consider it my first Hot Topic...!! Thanks everyone!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...