"These are a few of my favorite things..."







We all have belongings we love, or "treasures" as I like to call them. They are the things that when we look at them, they make us happy- no regrets- and it seems as if we will never tire of them. As someone who easily bores, that is a big job for my poor accessories. There are a few items that make me feel that way, though. I'm not guaranteeing that I'll never change a few of them out, but for now, they make me smile and feel as though everything is right with my decorative world for the moment- (I truly am deeper than this, but this is a decorating blog, remember!).


I love lighting!! I really feel it is the jewellry of a home and you cannot scrimp on this!! That said, I am not dictating that you have to spend a fortune on your lighting needs. I have been very lucky and found the vast majority of my lights at local sources... more on this in a later entry. I also love to frequent my local flea market for vintage finds. I love things that have been loved and used by someone from the past. I have purchased old toys, an antique (I use the term loosely) baby sled, milk glass, handmade folk art dolls, my vintage Sunbeam mixer, etc. I don't go as much lately, but those first few outdoor markets reap a ton of fun stuff. I love the challenge of making a silk purse out of a sow's ear and have even found treasures at the Dollar Store like my glass knobs (used as shower curtain rings) altered for use as a way to hang my kitchen window valances.


The above photo shows one of my daughter's baby dresses fastened over a lampshade to dress up her bedside lamp. Safe, because the top is open and looks so pretty lit up. Look at your own objects and see how they can be used in different ways. You will feel more pride of ownership if you make or tweak things yourself into objects of beauty. What are your favorite things...??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...