Easter Treasures





Easter is one of my favorite holidays for all of its significance and symbolism. Beyond that, it is also a time for all that is pretty. Usually, the sun shines brighter, the grass is peeping through and we begin to shed our wintery layers. I love the pastel colours, pussy willows, delicate Easter eggs, and pretty dresses to wear to church.
Because we associate Easter with spring, it is also a time to lighten up our homes. As overwhelming as spring cleaning can seem, I love the feeling of starting anew and refreshing my home in preparation for summer. This Easter, my brother Alistair and family came to visit and we had a relaxed and enjoyable visit drinking tea, watching our children reconnect and discussing their plans to build a new home. My sister-in-law, Denise, wants me to sign on and help her make some design decisions and select some of the finishes. Denise has great taste so I was flattered to be asked to help. She and Alistair loved the idea of building in lockers in their mudroom, as I have, and took some pictures of my kitchen as Alistair wants to build his own cabinets as well. They asked my husband, Paul, to think about building the cabinets for them. Although tempted, he is too busy with his new home inspection business to take the time off.
I am so glad we are content to stay put. I am tired of building (for the moment) and am enjoying helping clients create beautiful spaces. I just started working with a client who wants to update her kitchen. It has wooden cabinets that need refreshing with paint, countertops that will be changed, she wants open shelving, and to take down a wall between the kitchen and living room. I enjoy working with clients like her who know what they don't want, know their needs in the space, and are open to suggestions to get what they do want. I love this job and look forward to growing my business into what I have envisioned. New beginnings, fresh starts, peeling back the old layers to reveal a new beauty. Decorating can be like spring...an unearthing of all that is pretty.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...