Great mudrooms




Another of the crucial elements I consider before selecting a houseplan is the ever important mudroom. I have two boys, a little girl and a husband who all have difficulty with eye-hand co-ordination (this is my guess) and cannot get a coat on a hanger and onto a closet rod. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I explain the process or how important it is to me. It just doesn't happen. The house I am in now is the first house that has a well-planned, large mudroom. It is truly thrilling!

My husband, Paul, built me my much anticipated lockers. I wanted cubbies for boots, overhead baskets for ball caps, skipping ropes, etc. and enough hooks for a couple of coats each and their schoolbags. I absolutely love my mudroom and always recommend to my clients to somehow incorporate a similar set-up for their own mudroom needs. I painted the lockers in a soft sage green which does not show the inevitable dirt from their things and labelled everyone's baskets (I'm big into labels).

My sister has a great mudroom, too. She has painted hers in a bolder colour than mine and it is very welcoming and fun. I love her large closet, slate tiles and rack displaying her vintage wicker purse collection. We both love our mudrooms and the fact that they are actually working for us!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...