Pink is for Sophie






Sophie has loved the color pink since she was able to voice her opinion. On her third birthday she requested a pink party and so it was. When we built this house, we asked her if she wanted to change the colour, and she said yes, BLUE, with lots of PINK!! She has a sleigh bed her Daddy made her that is painted a pale yellow, and a pretty vanity dresser we inherited from a previous flip. I re-upholstered its bench in yellow and pink toile. She has a pink and white gingham chair just the right size for our goldilocks and a pink crystal chandelier. I am actually getting tired of pink and am looking forward to the day she decides she wants to change some of it! The bottom half of her wall is painted in blue as she requested, and I didn't know how I was going to separate the two colours. I absolutely love pompom fringe so one day I decided I would try it as a border. A few hundred (or at least it seemed) pushpins later and I was done. I love the effect and I satisfied my desire for pompoms. It was cheaper than chair rail, and I think, more creative. I will only regret it when she actually does want to change her room and I have lots of little nail holes to fill! Hopefully, that won't happen too soon!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...