Letting our pets in...with style


It used to be that dogs had houses and cats, well cats roamed the "jungles" near our homes. Smelly wet food was served in an old kitchen bowl and water, if we weren't looking , came out of a toilet with its seat up! No more for our pets. Pets today are treated as well as our guests and we actually care if they have a comfy bed of their own (that they never use) and their food bowls are trendy and sometimes even monogrammed. Just go into any home decor store and you'll see what I mean. Baby gift sections are being squeezed out in place of shelves laden with hip and happenin' dog and cat collars, pet placemats and pink and blue "Burberry plaid" beds. Do our pets even care? They don't say if they do, but we sure seem to. Although I'd hardly call myself animal crazy, my two cats do have stylish food bowls and a fun container for their food (see above photo). It is a glass canister and I got a great scoop for it all at Walmart. A fairly frugal $10 purchase that I think looks great and actually resides on my counter quite stylishly (especially with the MEOW metal stick-on sign I picked up at a scrapbooking store). My only other frivolous pet owner purchase was a little metal sign that says Bon Appetit. I hung it above their food dish and I get a chuckle at my attempt at making pet paraphernalia more fun. That's as far as I go, though. When I find myself toting a plaid cat bed in Winners, I give my head a shake, drop it and head straight over to the Seasonal aisle. Money much better spent!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...