Before and After...


While it is always fun (and enviable) to be able to simply go out to a store and buy what you need and want for your home, the reality is most of us can't always do that. Throw in a shaky economy, and this carefree spending can seem downright imprudent, if one expects to be at all impacted by the instability. Then there are those who get joy in achieving similar looks on a budget, choosing to instead transform what they already have, or can pick up at flea markets, yard sales, or thrift shops. Others still consider this the ultimate form of recycling - choosing to respect that which already exists, and restoring it to its former (or new) glory. I am a combination of them all: I love to save money, get a look for less, use what skills I have, and reuse the tired and neglected.

I have taken on a few of my own before and after projects, often with the help of my husband, who I often dub "the handyman" on this blog, just to protect him from the stalkers..ha! Have a look at the following posts, and have a look at my archives. You will soon discover that I love a bargain, and if I/we can make it myself, then that is the route I choose.

Besides, we all know it take more style and talent to pull off a great look on a modest budget. While we can envy homeowners with generous budgets, we are more apt to admire those who can do it themselves!!!

Facelifts are Good

Flippin' Out

Flippin' Out...cont'd

Sophie's Room

Fireplace Make-overs

Sprucing up a Camper

Exterior Lipstick

Porch Swing Make-over

Frugal Decorating

More Frugal Decorating...

Not Your Granny's Wallpaper

Slipcoverin' It All Up

My Master Bedroom Make-over

A Different Kind of Umbrella Stand

Silhouettes...the Profiler

Silhouette Tutorial

Ceiling Fan Transformation!

The Wow Factor

Top ten Projects of 2008

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...