Snow Porch...

Everyone knows how much I love having a porch. Sure I love swinging on my porch swing, being sheltered while I unlock my door, but if I am to be perfectly honest...I really love it because it is one more place to decorate!! Because I am an avid seasonal decorator, having a nice long porch to add to and beautify is so much fun! I always marvel when I see other homes with front porches that are unadorned...bare...boring!! Why not use this prime real estate to show off who you are and what your style is? A bare porch looks, well, naked...and some things (and, gulp, I can think of a few) just don't look good naked!!
So, after bringing in my handmade Father Christmas and some of the other more blatant Christmas items, I reworked a few things, added a couple of my recent purchases and voila: my new wintry "snow porch"! I left up the icicles and snowflakes, the red lanterns from Homesense, and propped up my new sign that proclaims our home to be the spot for sleigh rides...Tonight...and apparently every night of the winter. Quite laughable really, because with our puny backyard, you couldn't even get a crazy carpet to go more than five feet!! Aah well, it's all about using one's imagination, isn't it? Oh, and the sign also promises hot cocoa...that I can deliver!! Pretty much every time one of my critters pokes a toe outside, they deem it worthy of a cup of hot chocolate!!
I made these snowball stacks myself (pretty impressive, huh?). I had made one a few years back, but the wind took it I think, so these are my latest attempts. I used styrofoam balls and then added that fake snow that comes in a bag and shook it on after spraying the balls with adhesive. I think my fingers are still stuck together, but they're pretty, so it's worth it!!


Here is my bench that is in dire need of a paint job, but will have to wait till Spring. I took an old tartan throw and draped it over the back, threaded lights through a grapevine ball, and placed a cedar swag (very dead by now) over the back. It's the perfect spot for you to wait for the horse-drawn sleigh that's coming tonight...and the next..and so on...
What is your porch doing right now? Is it naked...or all dolled up??!!
As the sign on the door says, Let It Snow...for now!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...