Too good to pass up...

photo: Ralph Lauren


There are a few things that I could absolutely be a spokeswoman for. I have a tendency to share my excitement for good things (to steal the catchphrase from Martha...) and I really can't help myself. When I find something that works great, looks great, or both...I can't seem to resist sharing the knowledge. I would also be well-suited to be a personal shopper: if you tell me you are looking for something in particular, I subconsciously add it to my list and root it out if at all possible. Like I said, I'd be a great spokesperson for that which I believe in!!

So, here is my list of that which is too good to pass up. Go ahead, try some of my suggestions...I'm not being paid to promote them...yet!! Ha ha!!

1. The Swiffer dry vac: I first discovered this wonderful cleaning tool when a friend, who had been recommending it to me, let me try it out at her home. Well, I transformed into that woman in the Swiffer commercial from a few years back: you know the one, all her other girlfriends are enjoying their coffees and chatting while she tries out her friend's Swiffer. She ends up dancing around, swiffering to an 80's tune...my kind of gal!! I LOVED it immediately and peeled out of there to go get one for myself! I loved mine so much, I got one for my mum and mother-in-law!! If you hate sweeping, have pets, and/or hate crumbs underfoot, this is the tool for you! It takes the disposable swiffer cloths, and you do have to spring for replacement filters, but the ease at which you "sweep" your wood floors will thrill you...that is, if you are as easily pleased as me...!! If you don't believe me, check out the excellent ratings it received at this site.


2. Hersheys candy cane kisses: run, don't walk to your nearest grocery or department store to see if there are any left. Hersheys brought these out at Christmas time and after I unsuspectingly popped one of these in my mouth, I thought ZI had died and gone to heaven!! It reminded me of Willy Wonka's bubblegum that fools you into thinking that you are eating a full course meal. In this case, it tasted like I was eating a candy cane ice cream cone!! Heavenly, I tell you...a real diet breaker!!


3. Oil of Olay: I basically wear this for its unmistakable scent...a scent that reminds me of my Auntie Jean, the only "grandmother" I knew. She was one of the most influential people in my life, and taught me that kindness and good manners matter. I am not in her league with regards to those, but I aspire to honour her memory as best as I can. She also had the most supple, lovely skin and she swore by her trusted Oil of Olay. Lately I have been wearing the version with SPF, and it is missing the classic fragrance. However, as she also had skin cancer later in life, I think she would be proud of my choice...

4. Benjamin Moore paint colours: While their paint is excellent, I often buy the more economical (read cheaper) paint from their competitors. However, their paint colours can't be beat. I always take their paint deck along on client consultations, and there are universal colours that almost everyone recognizes...Cloud White on your trim, anyone? What about Vellum or Dijon for those seeking an earthy yellow...? I like their tester samples, too...no sense wasting money trying out new colours!
5. Marc Jacobs perfume pour femmes: I first discovered this fragrance a few years back and have been unable to find it since! I stopped wearing fragrance for years as I always seemed to be nursing a child, and with the wave of scent-restricted areas, wearing fragrance seemed almost passe. If I could find this scent again, however, all bets would be off! A little subtle fragrance now and again perks a girl up, after all!! (If you ever see it...it is in a white square box with black writing on it... let me know will you??!! ).
6. Crocs as slippers: Now I know some of you are recoiling in horror as you despise these rather unflattering shoes, but listen: if you have bum heels like mine (plantar fasciitis) and need to wear orthotics~~shudder~~(sounds pretty hot, doesn't it??), Crocs are just the thing to put them in! My rule is that they are for in-house wear only. Problem is, I have forgotten they were on my feet and I wore them right out of the house!! Mine aren't the cute Mary-Jane ones so many of you have...no, mine are bright pink (as per Sophie's request...so we could match, of course) and I usually get a few snickers when I wear them out. I could be imagining that part, but I am hyper-sensitive to the total uncoolness of them...Still, they remain on my must-have list. It's my list after all...
7. Anything Seasons of Cannon Falls: you knew this would be on my list, didn't you? I think they should be paying me by now for all the free publicity and plugs I give them! Would you believe their name is one of the most common keywords searches that lead random visitors to my site? That and mudrooms...and Matthew Mead...I tell you, there should be some perks to all this free publicity! Like maybe the folks at Seasons could send me out some of their new collections...I could show you all it, and then keep it all for my troubles...It's only fair, right? I show them lots of love...!!!

8. Martha Stewart's line at Michaels: Can you believe I only recently discovered Michael's?? Of course, we don't have one in this town, but when I mosey on up to "the city" or to my mum's, Michael's is one of my favourite stops! That Martha, she has gone and outdone herself with her craft line...and those scrapbooking papers?! I get all excited just thinking about what she might bring out for her Spring collection!! If you have never gone, get going...and if you see me there, please remind me that I'm not made of money and to reexamine what is in my cart and to get back to reality!! Of course, I'll just think you're some nosy lunatic...after all, I can't be a spokesperson if I don't try out the product!!
So, that's it for now. However, being the good shopper that I am, I'm always discovering new treasures that thrill me to bits. Being the good friend I am, I'll be sure to share my secrets with you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...