I want one...

I want a new sofa. I know that's not a very nice way to begin a new post, but I'm feeling a little furniture pang. I just want one. I need one for my basement family room as I'm tired of slapping cheap slipcovers on the ones I have down there. I can't even invest in custom made ones to thereby prolong the life of "their ugliness" as the springs are shot from years of jumping and training for the "high jump". When you sit on them, you sink in the middle...and not because you ate too much comfort food this winter. Will I get my way, you might ask? Nope...not unless I'm prepared to get a new hubby and heaven knows where I'd get one of those...Despite his frugality (he likes to call it common sense), he's kinda cute and useful and makes a good cup of tea, so the debate rages on between us and it goes something like this:

Me: We really need a new sofa and love seat downstairs.

Him: Don't start...(which is his favourite saying and annoys me to no end...)

Me: Yeah, but...(this is where he jumps in...)

Him: Please don't start...

Me: But the springs are shot, they're out of style, and we should get something that reflects our taste (which is where I really lose him...).

Him: We're not getting a new sofa until the kids have moved out and that's that!

Me: silent treatment begins...

Now before you think that I'm a major wimp and need to just stand my position, you have to remember I have my own version of the Tightwad gazette...or better yet: the Frugal Hack(I must remember this one).

I also know he is right. A new sofa would have busted springs in a matter of months, the cats would claim it, and we'd never actually sit on it anyway (given our tendency to flock upstairs). So, I give up the ghost, take a trip to Winners to buy some accessories, and never let on that I think he is even remotely right.

Still, it's okay to drool over pictures like this, no??

all photos: Maine Cottage.com

I know this isn't a sofa or love seat, but I want it too!! A girl can dream, right??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...