Looking to downsize??

Well, if you are looking at simplifying and decluttering in a MAJOR way, here is the house for you! A friend emailed me the details on this unique home (located in Toronto, Canada) and I just had to share it with you.

This house, located near the intersection of Dufferin Street and Rogers Road is believed to be Toronto's smallest house. Occupying what used to be a driveway, it's a one-bedroom, one-bathroom house that sits on a parcel of land 7.25 feet (2.2 metres) wide and 113.67 feet (34.6 metres) long and has an interior area of just under 300 square feet (under 28 square metres).The asking price is $179,900.!!!!Here are the house's listed features:
  • a. 'Completely Re-Done Top-To-Bottom, Front-To-Back!'
  • b. Tumbled stone entrance walk
  • c. Renovated Bath
  • d. Renovated kitchen with newer stove, new cabinets and new stacked washer/dryer. e.Bedroom with Murphy bed + 'Built-Ins' - doubles as den!
  • f. Walk-out to fenced patio
  • g. 100-amp service
  • h. 2 satellite dishes and receiver
  • i. 'Window A/C Available'

It would definitely require a small family (like you, yourself, and you...) and that notion that a small house sometimes can sometimes look bigger with large scale furnishings falls flat here...
Look on the bright side though, it would be easy to heat and keep clean!!!

Martha (who loves a good house tour), this one's for you!!!

Oh, and I'm happy to report that Angela gave me the following award...at least I make someone's day...and I am finally getting around to sharing some awards with others!! I pass this award on to Liz at Mabel's house, Julie at Nunnie's Attic, Paige at Simple Thoughts, Jen at The Cottage Nest, and Kim at Scrap-to-my-lu...all for different, great reasons!

And another: This award (right) goes to Martha at Elizabeth Hill Cottage for making me split my sides on a regular basis. Her humour is sooo mine and I appreciate a good laugh on a regular basis. I also hand it out to Chris at Just Beachy because any woman who can do what she does positively rocks in my books. My sister, Wendy, also gets it for making me look deeper at issues and also because she is a great friend, mother, gives THE best advice of anyone I have ever known, and decorates (check out her remodelling blog, too). She definitely holds her own!! Last, but not least, I give this to Terri at Windlost who I just know would be a friend I would love to hang out with if she lived nearer. We both hail from New Brunswick originally, and share a lot in common: including finding permanent rose-colored glasses a bit heavy to wear! She is a deep thinker and I look so forward to reading her posts and admire her great style and forward-thinking ways. Check her out!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...