Favorite Design Trend: Striped Rugs

I have to admit , I am not really big on following too many trends. I think I have always been a bit of an "anti-trend" person....yes, that made me the "weird kid" when I was growing up. Despite that, a trend that has caught my eye, is the use of striped rugs. The graphic nature of these rugs serves as an anchor for many design schemes. Below, is a beautiful handwoven rug from Ebelladesigns.
A sparse room can benefit greatly from the dramatic lines and movement a striped rug offers. I found the picture below from Domino's site. The colors and lines remind me of a painting, maybe Matisse.


Nate Berkus designed his bedroom (and my new dream room) using very bold colors set in an all white room. Although, the room is relatively sparse, the bold lines add a lot of visual interest, and keep your eye moving around the room. Love, love, love!

To show my love for stripes, I even decided I needed to wear them! These are my new socks from Urban Outfitters.
FOR MOST RECENT POST, CLICK HERE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...