Traer Scott Photography

Shelter Dogs and Street Dogs

I recently found these wonderful photography books, and was immediately mesmerized by them. I have always been a dog lover, so these photos really spoke to me. This is the work of Traer Scott, compiled in to two books. Shelter Dogs (Merrell Publishers 2006) includes portraits of dogs in shelters waiting for homes. Street Dogs ( Merrell Publishers 2007) capture the lives of many homeless dogs and their manner of survival.

"Joshua"
I really love this portrait of "Joshua". He is such a stately animal.

"Terrier"

"Rosie"

"Beach Dog on Roof"

I have many relatives in Mexico, so as a child I would often travel there. This photo of the dog on the roof, reminds me of what is a rather familiar sight there.

"Gumdrop"
Traer Scott's books donate fifty cents from each book sold to the ASPCA (Shelter Dogs) and WSPA (Street Dogs). These books are available at all major bookstores and on the ASPCA site (click here), and the WSPA site (click here). I recommend going to Traer's site also. (click here). Her portfolio is wonderful.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...