A house of many colours...

While you know I may be a huge fan of yellow houses, I am open to homes of a variety of colours... the more creative the better! In my town, we are all a little staid and predictable and you won't see a whole lot of creativity when it comes to "dressing up our homes" in bright colours. We are a reserved bunch I guess...

On our trip this past weekend, we visited a little town with a penchant for colour and creativity when it comes to painting their period homes. Lunenburg is a sea-faring town with oodles of charm and, apparently, homeowners with not only great taste, but a true sense of fun! I was delighted to see homes in a variety of shades including bright yellows, reds, robins-egg-blue, and even pink!! They all seemed like they were the colour they should be and made for a lively backdrop to the ocean views.
I truly believe the more creative the outside of a home and the more "decorated" it is, the likelier the homeowners are fun, happy people. This holds true for seasonal decorating. Sure a lush wreath and simple boughs in a window box is tasteful, but the more glitz I see and nods to the jolly equates for me, people who are light-hearted, friendly...and who don't take themselves too seriously. If I'm right, then Lunenburg (and places like it) is ripe with some fun people!!

***Because we were towing our camper, it was difficult to just pull over and take pictures of every home that caught my eye. I hope you enjoy the photos that I did get...and if you ever have the chance to head down that way, take the time to be a house stalker and get some good, inspiring photos. You'll be glad you did!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...