Ice cream... in all its glory!!


photo: Matthew Mead Style

Well, this post is just for the fun of it. Ice cream is such a huge part of summer...a rite of passage of sorts...that it deserves its very own tribute! My kids love ice cream, as every child does, and they practically demand (in a fairly nice way) its presence in our freezer. They are quite put out when there's none, and they will wail, "But it's summer...we NEED ice cream!!" I like ice-cream too, but not to the extent my children do. My favourite is mint chocolate-chip (and it has to be green) but, because the local manufacturers of our ice-cream changed it by adding chocolate swirls, I now find it too sweet and often don't bother getting it. This, however, was not the case last weekend on our camping trip. We went into the lovely town of Lunenburg and I was immediately drawn in to the prettiest ice-cream shop ever when I saw their beautifully painted signs that they had (are you ready for this?) GLITTERED!!! I immediately thought of Laurie the Glitter Fairy and how tickled she'd be to see these works of art!

They had all of the commercial brand flavours and the most delicious home-made ice-cream. Lo and behold, they even had mint-chip ice-cream. It turned out to be the tastiest ice-cream I had ever had the pleasure to eat. It had a minty flavour that made my breath catch and the dark chocolate flakes were heavenly. They even serve all their ice-cream in waffle cones, with no "up charge." My husband would argue this, of course, as he just had to remind us of how many tubs of ice-cream we could buy for the price of the ice-cream cones we got. Poor hubby...he just doesn't get it...I guess he didn't appreciate the glitter, the minty-ness, the atmosphere, or the waffle cones like I did. It's all about the memories!! Sheesh...there's enough guilt associated with eating ice-cream...!!!

Now go get some ice-cream!!... I know you want to!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...