Quick sand in our own backyards??

Anyone who knows me well knows I love to pass on a good safety tip. I grew up with a father who lectured against wearing dark colours at night and actually wanted us to wear reflective arm bands on our jackets as teens. New shoes placed on the counter would bring you unbelievably bad luck (??) and the ocean was FULL of sharks and you should always be on guard. So forgive me if I seem overly fearful of things just waiting to hurt me and my family...
This information I am passing on to you, however, is truly relevant. It may be a rare occurrence, but it is not the first time I have ever heard of it happening. Just this week, my friend Krissy and I were chatting while watching our kids during their swimming lessons. She told me about a mother and father in Massachusetts, I believe, who fell into some sort of sink hole while wading along the shore at a beach. They perished, and I shook my head at the freak accidents that happen and sent up a silent prayer that something like that should never affect my family or anyone I know. Lo and behold, later on I was checking Lani's blog over at The Wooden Porch and she had posted about the miraculous recovery of a little boy who had literally been buried alive in sand for five minutes and survived. Nobody can tell me this was anything short of a miracle. You can read the mother's own account here. She has some very good tips to help avoid this ever happening to you or your family. Follow the links from her post and find out more about this more common than you think danger.

I am so happy that little boy is alive today! Thank God for miracles...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...