Making Memories...

For some reason, this title sounds familiar; so if I've duplicated, please forgive me. We've just returned from a very special camping trip with some of our family and friends. My sister, Wendy, and my brother, Alistair, and their respective families joined us on a great trip to Marco Polo campground in P.E.I. and we had a blast; albeit a short blast. We relaxed (or at least tried to), chatted, laughed, ate, and enjoyed each other's company, especially around the campfire each night. All of the kids reconnected and spent much of their time touring around on their bikes, swimming, and heading off to the campground store in search of treats and the odd, antiquated arcade game (i.e. pacman). We adults actually then got the chance to drink coffee together and catch up on each other's busy lives...which seems to be the state of us all. Wendy's best friend, Heidi, and her family came along as they are between houses (they don't take possession of their new one till August 30) and I'm sure we overwhelmed them with our gregarious natures when we all come together!!

Sarah, Denise and Aidan

Wendy, Ella, me and Sophie

I thought I'd pop in some pics of the very minor changes I've made to the camper. I borrowed Chris K.'s idea of resurfacing appliances with the faux tin panels, and used one on my little camper fridge. It looks okay, but will be prettier once all the cabinets are painted cream... Also, I gave a nod to Cath Kidston with my polka dotted and enamelled accessories. Slip covers for the ugly cushions will be addressed this year, but I likely won't get around to the painting until fall or spring.


I have to say, our camper is worth its weight in gold. We love getting up, having our tea and breakfast while listening to the radio. Paul and I take turns with the newpaper, and we revel in the lack of WORK associated with camping this way. I make up our beds, toss the dirty clothes in our hamper, and Sophie dries the dishes (feeling very useful all the while), while Paul takes the kids off to the pool or playground so I can have some peace and quiet. We truly feel we are making memories...simple, but sweet all the same. We look forward to exploring new places in an affordable way. Which, of course, leaves more $$$ for popping into shops to purchase "souvenirs"..."What, Paul?? I had no idea this place would have three Christmas Tree Shops nearby??!! I'm as shocked as you!!"

***By the way, I wanted to show you two little dolls I picked up at our local fleamarket a couple of years ago. I bought them from a lady in her eighties who was selling off all of her belongings, as she was going to live with her daughter. Both dolls appear to have been handmade, and I would love to know if they have any value (besides what they mean to me...I love them). If anyone knows anything about dolls of this nature, let me know. The fisherman's clothing is removable and his coat and sou'wester are made of oilcloth. They are two of my fleamarket treasures...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...