I'm back and "It's" back...!!

Well, I'm back from yet another camping trip and I'm sooo glad we bought our camper!! For those of you debating whether to get one or not, bite the bullet!! I love mine and I eagerly await our next jaunt in it!! Like I said, it's about making memories...
One thing I did notice on this trip was the return of that nightly nip in the air. After the short summer we've had, you'd think I'd be annoyed. Me too! But, strangely enough, I found myself getting that funny feeling in my stomach where the anticipation of school, Fall, leaves changing colours, all came rushing back to me. Fall has always been my favourite time of year... as we still get warm, sunny days and yet, the freshness in the air breathes new life into me...especially for DECORATING!! Yep, I'm feeling a return of the decorating fever that strikes me each Fall. I recognize the signs. I start "forgetting" to water my flowers, begin eyeing my plastic containers full of outdoor autumn decor, and making lists of "things to do" that always seem to need to be done by Christmas. My mind wanders ahead to thoughts of Halloween (of which I'm a huge fan...just you wait and see!!) and what costumes my kids will wear. I start obsessing over whether the local pumpkin patch will have grown white pumpkins and just how many I'll need for my home; who we'll have Thanksgiving dinner with, and if the weather will be fine so we can do the corn maze. All of this crazy scheming just because of an almost imperceptible change in the air!
I'm happy this fever is back. I'm a creature of habit; a list maker, a planner, and an organizer. I love the extra time afforded me with the return to school of my children. I spend the first week of their return feeling sad and a bit lost without their clatter and presence in the house. BUT, then I start to settle back into my routine, finally getting back to the gym, take on more decorating jobs as other people catch the fever too, and puttering about my own house and bringing order back in. Yes, the lazy days of summer were too fleeting, but I thrive on the changes associated with the changing seasons. I am ready to "nest" again...ready to be inspired! I think I'll go get myself a cup of tea and flip through some old autumn issues of my favourite magazines...but, because I'm not wishing away summer, I think I'll sit by the pool and read them! A good splash of water will remind me summer "ain't over 'til it's over"!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...