A few more ideas...(and tree # 4)


Just a short post before I head off to bed in hopes of trying to shake this blasted cold!!

Here are my dining chairs...kind of like one chair, two looks...I ended up choosing the more subdued red and white version, since I have a fair bit of red in the room. I added the sparkly snowballs in keeping with my wintery theme which can extend well into January!



It isn't Christmas without a few nuts around, so I always do this "help-yourself" arrangement: three brown paper bags with the tops folded over, two filled with nuts and the nutcracker, and one left empty to put all the shells in. Easy, but looks good and entices you to snack...which, come to think of it, isn't always a good thing!!
Tree # 4 is a charming feather tree I decorated with these advent tags I picked up from the Wendy Addison collection. I paid full price after Christmas (they did not go on sale!!) and even though my mum and sister thought I'd gone mad, I still do not regret the rather frivolous purchase!! My favourites are the ones with the birds on them, and of course Santa himself. I love them so much I did not put them on the tree a day at a time. I simply hung them all at once, so I could enjoy them for the entire month. The old Santa standing guard below the tree is from my mum, amd the box at the back is for vintage lightbulbs (of which there were none within...) and the little oval box is what the advent tags came in...all done up with a red, organza bow. How could I resist??

And finally, I took some photos of my baby girl all dolled up for her Christmas concert. Why can't they make outfits like that for adults? But wait: a poufy skirt like that would be murder on my hips...!!! Better leave well enough alone, and leave the fashion to Sophie! Please indulge my multiple pictures of her...I only have one girl, after all...
Striking a pose...she does NOT get this from me!!
Really posing now...

She figured, "Why not throw a few dance moves in??"...why not, indeed?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...