Vintage Christmas...


photo source: www.bhg.com

You all know how much I love vintage Christmas decorations. Since I am not privy to great thrift stores and antique stores, my ability to lay my hands on the real McCoy is a bit of a challenge. Several years ago, we purchased and renovated an older brick "story and a half". It was in very rough shape, after having being neglected for several years. The owners arrived to pack up all the contents of the home and kindly asked me if I would like anything. Who me?? But of course!! I have no family member with an attic stuffed full of treasures, so this was the next best thing! In addition to scoring a few great furniture pieces, I was thrilled to discover they were offering up their collection of vintage family tree ornaments!! I am now the proud recipient of many beautiful glass balls in a variety of styles and colours, which I will show you when I post pictures of my "vintage" Christmas tree... which stands proudly in my dining area. For now, I will show you some of the other vintage style treasures that I have decked my halls with. It really is true that all that is old, is new again. Each and every decoration that reflects this style makes me so happy to rest my eyes upon. To me, a vintage Christmas is my favourite style of all!!

You've seen this shadow box before, but I also love the vintage glass ornament in the glass candy jar...These little beauties I found at our local Zellers...
These are my beloved tin plates I got at Restoration Hardware several years ago. They are among my very favourites... Note the little postcard I picked up at a local antique shop...

These vintage style prints are from Seasons of Cannon Falls...glittered ever so lightly!

I love this picture of Father Christmas...this fellow's no Santa...

I picked up this vintage mica snow at a shop in Halifax...I was so happy when I spotted it, I nearly cried!! Just look at that jar it came in!!
My sweet Mum gave me this old-style Santa...I picked up the accessories at an after Christmas sale. Again, Seasons of Cannon Falls, I think...
This is tree #2: A lit feathery (not feather) tree. I keep it up all winter, and it makes the living room seem cozier. Just look at that "chocolate" Santa...doesn't it look real? I don't know why I've been craving chocolate so much lately...??

While these bottle brush trees are not mine (they are from Room Service Home), I have many like them; and to me, they epitomize a true vintage Christmas...! I have so much more to show you along this theme, but not today. I hope you all have a great weekend and finish that shopping...I finished mine today and the stores were crazy!!!!!
My mum and sister are coming this weekend for a visit...another Christmas home tour, dinner at our favourite restaurant, and lots of great chats with my two best friends. I am unbelievably lucky to have these wonderful women in my life. Of that I'm sure...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...