Ho Ho Ho...there's snow, snow, snow!!!

River House: Seasons of Cannon Falls

It's the first of December, and now I don't have to be the lone house lit up for Christmas! We awoke to ...snow!!!!! Glorious, Christmasy snow!! What perfect timing, and we actually might be able to keep it for more than a day. With five to ten centimetres expected to fall several times throughout the day, we might actually get to build a snowman...long overdue since we didn't get enough to build even one last year. I mean, come on...this is Canada, after all!! We east coast Canadians need snow to feel like it's truly winter!! This had better be the year for it...not too much, but enough so that the kids have something to do besides be bored inside all winter!!
Unfortunately, the first day of snow also coincides with my first winter cold...and I find myself a tad bit testy today! Tattle-tale Sophie is wearing thin so far, and her older "little brother" (as she referred to him when she was a toddler, as he was smaller than her oldest brother) seems to think hot chocolate should be served each time he comes in from playing outside...
But I digress, and refuse to let them spoil my festive spirit! A bit more decorating, and I will be finished. After all my fussing, I am really happy with the outcome. Adding some more red to my kitchen was the key, and a real cedar swag draped across the mantel added just enough greenery to feel more Christmasy. Actually, my downstairs family room is actually quite suited to my more traditional decorations and accepts a more country look well. I even used all coloured lights down there, and feel quite smug about my good mothering in that regard!!!
So, that's it for now...Sophie has her birthday party tomorrow, and I have lots to do, including watching a holiday movie and eating a bowl of popcorn with my name on it!! I'll post pictures soon and I have a surprise for you all on Monday...!!! Have a great December day!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...