It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!

I just had the nicest weekend that I've had in a long time. It was strictly centered around family and friends and it did so much to put us all in the Christmas spirit! On Saturday, we had a lazy morning...staying in our p.j.'s longer than we should, the kids piling into their snowsuits to play in the snow, my husband and I had several cups of tea, and then a good friend stopped by and gave me the nicest gifts. You know the type, the kind where you realize that someone really knows you and cares about giving you something that you will truly love. To me, they are the best kind of gifts to give and receive! I have been very fortunate to receive quite a few this season that fit that category from my closest friends and family.
Later in the day, my daughter and I attended a cookie party and it was so nice to sit around with a great group of girls chatting, sampling the most delicious baked goods (that I would likely never get around to making myself)...Even the freezing temperatures and blowing snow just added to that Christmasy feeling that I seem to have bubbling over inside of me lately! We left the party and I was dreading a little the thought of starting supper so late (to us!), when lo and behold, I walked into my house and was greeted by the delicious smell of smothered chicken cooking, prepared by my dear hubby. I don't know what it is about having a meal cooked for me, but it brings me back to being a little girl who can just pull up a chair to the table and happily await supper being placed before her! I love that feeling, and I so appreciate it when anyone cooks for me, as I am normally chief cook in my house! After dinner, I ran out to get a few final stocking stuffers and returned home to my fizzy wine and watched Saturday Night Live's "best of" shows. I don't know if it was the wine or just the sheer hilarity of it, but I positively roared at the skit with Parrick Swayze and Chris Farley auditioning to be male strippers!! Sometimes you just need a good laugh...!!!

On Sunday, we attended church and the Sunday school put on their concert which was so well done. My eldest son was Joseph, and his brother was a shepherd...they were good sports about it despite being the only boys their age in the concert. Our little girl wouldn't participate as she seems to have an aversion to going down to Sunday school, and would rather remain with us during the normal service. She loves singing along to the hymns (although she has no idea what the words are) and I'm sure some would disapprove, but as communion was passed out, she helped herself to a piece of bread and wanted to share her father's grape juice! It was so sweet and innocent, although my husband chuckled that she would probably have a few old timers clucking their tongues!! After church we visited with our good friends where I got my baby fix with their most adorable 10 month old, and topped off the day with supper at another friends house who we used to live opposite to, and they have been like surrogate grandparents to our kids. After dinner, we bundled up against the storm, piled into the truck, and Sophie piped up from the back that couldn't we all sing Jingle Bells together?! Well, I think her eldest brother just about rolled his eyes into the back of his head at the hokiness of it all...but that just fueled us on all the more, as there is nothing as fun as torturing a teenager who figures he is too cool for words. Of course, Sophie thought we were just being authentic and festive and could not have been more pleased with herself...!!! She is yet to tune into just how sadistic her parents can be after enduring months of "You're embarrassing" !! All in all, it was the most relaxing weekend and served to make us all feel so Christmasy...even said teenager admitted that he was "feeling it"!!

Tree # 6...a partridge in a pear tree...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...