Warm wishes, where to put the dishes, and trees # 10, 11 and twelve!!

Well, yesterday didn't quite go as planned, but sometimes that is perfectly okay! We went to church in the morning and when we got home, I get a plaintive request from a former client to PLEASE come and help them move into their new home. Technically they were in, but they desperately wanted some help deciding where to place their furniture and other key pieces in the home. Although it was short notice and despite it being Sunday, December 23rd, in the spirit of the season, I hopped into my car and headed on down the road.
Well, I can honestly say I have now discovered THE most beautiful home ever built in my area!!! I can even say I have now been in the most beautiful home in the area on the most beautiful piece of property. As I drove down the long lane to their home, my mouth literally dropped open at the pristine beauty of the land on which this gorgeous home was situated on. Heaven on earth is all I can liken it to, and the inside didn't disappoint either!! I then proceeded to spend the most enjoyable afternoon setting up house in this stunning home and helping a family get their home ready to be enjoyed and lived in...and thoughts of Christmas were the farthest thing from my mind. Quite honestly, it was nice to take a break from all things Christmas and just work some Christmas magic instead and do as much as I could in an afternoon to get the home more comfortable and organized and decorated for the family to enjoy. I definitely now have a touch of house envy, which I don't often get anymore now that I am committed to my home and content with what I have instead of pining for bigger and better. That house, though, certainly had me dreaming of rebuilding again...although I am getting pretty good at giving my head a good shake!! Anyway, I have been asked to come back in the New Year and help with more of the decorating process, which of course, I am more than happy to do!
My unplanned work assignment left hubby to do much of the food prep for Christmas Eve. He made the seafood chowder that we always have on Christmas Eve and even made the cake component of the Yule Log that is a must for dessert following Chistmas dinner. All that was left for me was to make the vegetarian lasagna swirls that I make each year for those (me) who do not like seafood chowder. We also serve subs for the kids (they make their own from the provided sub fillers) and a friend is bringing a dessert, so we are good to go. I changed everyone's sheets so that they will get into a nice, fresh bed while wearing their new jammies. I remember doing that as a child and there is honestly no better feeling...
Some tired little critters... I hope to sleep in a bit this morning, have a nice tub, and after having a big mug of tea, get the kids into some festive attire for the big day. They actually dress up more for Christmas Eve than the actual Big Day, instead opting to wear some of their new clothing items we have bought for them. We attend a candle light service at out church at 7pm and then we are off to a friend's house for a drop-in. We aim to be back home in time to let the kids open their gifts from each other and their new jammies, take a picture under the tree and read The Night Before Christmas (which the boys will undoubtedly roll their eyes at) and get them off to bed. Thankfully, I am done my wrapping and therefore might even get a chance to have a glass of wine before we call it a night. Christmas is truly a time of hustle and bustle, but that's just how it is....and I wouldn't have it any other way!!
Some pretty packages...
Soooo, Merry Christmas to you all...and I wish you a safe and happy holiday with family and friends....and I hope it will be all that you wish it to be. Enjoy the blessings in your life and take time to relax and enjoy those that you love.

Oh, before I forget, here is the last of the trees. I'll see you all in a week or so!!

Here is my Rudolph movie tree: Tree # 10





















This is Tree # 11: It is called a candy cane tree. I guess you're supposed to hang candy canes on it, but I got lazy and slapped these little felt ornaments on it instead...

Our main tree (in the living room): Tree # 12
I love these Seagull Pewter ornaments. They have a bit of a Toile effect:
This is a great motto... A nod to my "handy-man" husband...

Another nod to hubby, and his former Jeep days... Like the sap that I am, I always get an ornament for us...

Aren't we cute?? We're always going out like that!! Can't you picture it??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...