My vintage style tree...tree # 7



This tree is my newest. I purchased it at an after Christmas sale at a little shop, near my mum's house, called Country Treasures. I forget what I paid for it, but my mother (who is normally reining me in) vehemently felt I should buy it...so it must have been a good price. I remember hesitating because firstly, I did not have the room in our car for it, and I did not want to stress my poor hubby out with yet another tree!! So, I discreetly smuggled it into my mother's house, and she brought it down to my place at a later date (where we smuggled it into my house!). This year, when I pulled it out, hubby was blissfully clueless that it was indeed new, and wasn't that the kindest way to go about it all?? No sense stressing him out unnecessarily...

I decided it would be the perfect tree to display my collection of real vintage and vintage style ornaments, which had previously gone undisplayed due to a lack of a suitable tree for them. Some are quite heavy, such as the little girls and boys below, and others are downright fragile...those being the collection of vintage balls that I "inherited" from a previous home purchase. I love this tree, and it resides in my dining area where I can see it as soon as I come in my front door. It makes me happy every time...

I love the handpainted balls...this one is a poinsettia, of course.

This little guy I received from my mum, quite a while ago...

The following little boys and girls I picked up at Zellers a few years ago. I could not believe my luck! I am telling you, you really need to check it out at Christmastime if you have the chance...




For some reason, the boys are my favourites...just look at that lunchbox!!
...and that little robot...
...and this little "cowboy" is my all-time favourite! He even has a glittered cowboy hat!!

Isn't this girl so pretty?

Here are a couple more, along with a sweet little snowman ornament I got from Seasons of Cannon Falls...and another painted ball: this one says Merry Christmas!

I love this little, "old" sock that has been tea-dyed to look old and worn.


Finally, this collection lies beneath the tree. My mum got me the postal delivery man from the Kris Kringle holiday movie...I love that movie! My little pink kitchen I picked up at a local place that sells all kinds of vintage treasures. I usually can't afford anything there, but I decided to splurge on the kitchen...it was crying out to me! What is a girl to do...??!! Oh, and note the bottle brush candy striped garland...another after Christmas holiday purchase from Country Treasures. I always find one exceptional treasure there. It is where I got the miniature yellow-ware bowls on my kitchen tree, and the glittery snowman on a bike comes from there, too. I can't wait to see what I'll find this year. It is one of my favourite stops on the Boxing Day shopping trip that I go on with the women in my family each year. We head out by 7 a.m. and hit all the fun spots, and top it all off with a nice lunch somewhere. It is a long, tiring day but, as serious shoppers determined to find bargains, we are up to the task!! It is one of my favourite holiday traditions.

Only one more week until the big day!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...