A Time to Give


Today is December 11 and my 8th wedding anniversary. Over the weekend we took a trip to San Antonio, as is a tradition of ours to celebrate.
While we were gone, I didn't really watch any television, so I didn't get too much information about the tragic church shootings in Colorado. Only today did I find out that one of the church's is led by Pastor Brady Boyd. Pastor Boyd is the pastor who performed my wedding ceremony in Amarillo, TX. 8yrs ago. I can't quite describe the shock I feel. When my husband and I first met, we attended the same church, and Brady Boyd was our Sunday school teacher. Later, he was promoted as a Pastor in another church, but because he had meant so much to us we asked him to perform our wedding.
Several years later, when my son was born, we traveled to Dallas to have Pastor Boyd perform a dedication ceremony for my son.
My heart is so heavy because of what has happened in Colorado. Several people were killed,including two teenage sisters, Stephanie and Rachel Works; at New Life church. I am attaching a link to a memorial fund for the Works family (Here), if you would like to help in any way.
Christmas time is a time to give to others and surround yourself with the ones you love. Sadly, several families and church congregations will be missing some of their loved ones this year.
At I time like this, I am reminded of how important our families and friends truly are.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...