An Open house...and tree #3

I cannot believe how unbelievably busy this holiday season has become. I still have not put my main tree up yet, but Thursday is the night!! My shopping is 95% done, but hubby and I are going to steal away into the "city" (Halifax) by ourselves to spend some time together sans kids and shop for the fun stuff like good British chocolate and treats from Pete's Frootique (like I used to get as a child), and go to my favourite kid's book store, Wuzzles, to find some nice books for the little 'uns to enjoy. A quick dip into Winners will complete the day and I so look forward to the drive to and fro (90 minutes each way) just to chat and enjoy the solitude without interruptions from restless kids...

Inspired by Karla, who is hosting a "What I love about my holiday home" event, I took a few snapshots of my completed Christmas decorating and thought I'd play show and tell and show you around...
My fireplace...
My Kitchen...
My embellished dining chandelier:
I changed out the curtains in the dining area ($10/panel at Sears a few years back!)
Seasonal wall display...

My favourite vignette...Which includes Santa's boot...
...and this beautiful snowman...
You never know when this might come in handy...
This glittered Father Christmas was only $12.99 from Winners..
I love this bottlebrush snowflake...My friend, Janet, just gave me this gorgeous stocking. It is Dept. 56 and I guess I must have expressed my deep wish to own it around her, because it was a complete (and thrilling) surprise!!
A closeup of my mantel...
I love this little guy...
A "gussied up" floor lamp...
I change these little frames over the toilet seasonally...right now they contain "stockings for each of my kids...
Now on to my room, where I kept a blue and brown and cream colour scheme. Note the velvet curtains that Chris so sweetly gave me. I just love them...and they are a nice backdrop for tree #3!!
I got the white bottle brush tree for $1.99 at Marden's, and the stars were 99 cents for two at Walmart!!
This is the little piano window over my bed. I got the snow scene silhouette (Seasons of Cannon Falls while visiting my brother and his family in Fredericton a while back...Here is a close-up of it. I am thinking of glittering it, but I'm not sure it needs it...
Off to bed I go...!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...