For the love of cupcakes...

There is something about cupcakes. The obvious...they are delicious and the perfect size with a cup of tea. But I am referring to the simple beauty of a lone cupcake. I know I might seem strange, but I have lost sleep about one particular cupcake I spied this winter. Sophie attended a birthday party for a little playmate and I arrived early to pick her up and chat with the other mums. Lo and behold, in the family room of this lovely home was a huge oil painting of a cupcake done in pastel colours!! My jaw dropped and my heart raced...I had to have that painting. I nabbed the mother of the birthday girl and in a squeaky voice croaked, "Where did you get that?" She went on to tell me that she got it at a charity auction and that a student artist painted it. I was dying to know how much one had to pay for such a gem, but my manners kicked in.

Now I wonder in silence/envy/agony ((I'm a bit dramatic I know). I have been racking my brain as to where I can find my own amateur artist (as this is probably more in my budget) who will paint me such a treasure. I can see the finished product in my mind! Where I would hang such a painting, I do not know. Maybe in my dining area which is part of my pale blue kitchen. Perhaps visitors would find it ridiculous to see such an image, but for some reason that cupcake lives in my mind, taunting me. And no amount of indulging in the real deal will satisfy this sweet craving!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...