My Passion for Glitter

"All that glitters is not gold"...isn't that the saying? Well that sure is the truth in my house as I don't think I have anything gold in here - but I sure do have some glitter! Glitter is my new weakness. If I walk past an item in a store and it has a dusting of glitter it is likely going to be mine faster than fairy dust sparkles. Glitter is indeed a passion for me now...I seek it out and scan all my stuff to see what could take a little of it to make it all the prettier!

Seasons of Cannon Falls carries some great glittered accessories. Lovely words sprinkled in real glass glitter, little houses at Christmas, vintage treasures embellished with a touch of the sparkly stuff...heavenly! The artist who makes these creations is Wendy Addison. She is a genius when it comes to designing fabulous glittered creations that feel one of a kind and unique . You can see more of her collection at www.bayberrycove.com Enjoy!!

Another glitter genius is the "Glitter Fairy" herself, Laurie Davis, who recently helped Martha Stewart glitter some Easter creations on her show. I was lucky enough to make her (online) acquaintance this week and she is as lovely as her glitter! Visit her website (and link to her blog) to shop at www.glitterworksstudio.com


I related to her tale of having glitter as her "dust". When I venture into making glitter creations, I feel it under my feet and stuck to my skin, but no matter. I don't mind sparkling a little. This beautiful starfish is from "The Glitter Fairy"s" collection. Isn't it beautiful?


The photos at the top of the page are of the glittered creations I have in my home. The professional looking shots are from Wendy Addison's website as my digital camera just doesn't capture the sparkle of these items as well. The photo of the glittered house is one I made myself out of a cardboard box, some paint, some dollar store trinkets, and of course, some glitter. I had seen one similar in Cricket on the Hearth, a store in Bedford, N.S., and the hefty(to me) pricetag (at a time when I was supposed to be buying Christmas gifts) encouraged me to try to make one on my own. My mum, who was visiting from N.B., and I each made one for our annual Christmas craft we do together. Lo and behold, I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think? I love making a silk purse out of a sow's ear and it was easier than I thought. I did have great luck in that Bedford store ...I found a jar of vintage glitter, the soft, fluffy kind and it had the sweetest picture of an old-time Santa on the label. Some of the glitter went to good use on my hand-made Christmas house.
My next big goal is to get my own apothecary jar full of pink glitter. I once saw a picture of a lady in Country Living Magazine with one and a scoopful of glitter falling like magic back into the jar. It is one of those images that stayed in my mind and I vowed to someday have my very own. Pink glitter can be hard to find, but Laurie "The Glitter Fairy" kindly offered to help me. Once I get it, I will feel like Dorothy and her ruby-red slippers...except in a perfect world, mine would be pink!!

**The photo below left is a glittered creation I would love to have. The one on the bottom right I put in for Chris K. who has a passion for Eiffel Towers. Both are Wendy Addison designs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...