Got the Blues??




To be honest, I have only recently (in the last few years) gotten back into the colour blue. The last few homes I have built I used tons of yellow in all its shades. Cream, pale yellow, daisy yellow, right up to muted mustard shades (think Benjamin Moore's Vellum. In the home prior to this one, I discovered the most beautiful shade of blue- kind of a washed out robin's egg blue. I used it in my bathroom and I loved it so much, I carried it with me to my new home (again in the bathroom). I also painted my kitchen cabinets the freshest shade of blue-gray and I am thrilled with how I feel when I enter my kitchen. Blue truly is soothing...not at all cold, although I think I will feel cooler in the summer with so much of it around me.

Colour selection is one of the most daunting choices when decorating a room (or rooms). That is because there is so much choice!! Does it really make a difference if you go with the dark sage as opposed to the olive green? In a word, yes - every space has different light and shadows and a colour can look totally different from room to room. My best tip is to find a colour you love either in a decorative item or even the clothes you are wearing. Chances are, if you like a colour enough to wear it on your body, you will likely enjoy it in your home. Take this inspiration piece with you to the paint store and have them colour match it. This is your best chance for making the right paint selection. Meanwhile, back to the blue, why not give it a try? Paint a small bathroom or even the back of an open cabinet or shelving to breathe new life... fresh air...a bit of summer... into your home!!


***the photos above show my kitchen (sorry for the repeat performance), and my dream living room and bedroom (if I could start from scratch...)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...