Think Pink





I am drawn to pink. I think it is because I am very much a "girly-girl". Whenever I go shopping for clothes for my daughter, I gravitate to the pink dresses, pink sweaters, etc. I have to make a conscious effort to buy the yellows and blues that are equally as pretty and certainly less predictable. I love pink, so it is was with more than a little surprise that I noticed that apart from Sophie's room, there is no pink in my house. Weird...


I think I have fallen prey to the notion that pink is for little girls or those who are bound to the Victorian style of decorating. Maybe I am just afraid that if I decorate with pink I will not achieve a "grown-up" look in my home. Or maybe I was frightened away from pink after the dusty rose craze of the Eighties (I had dusty rose carpet in my bedroom as a teen and LOVED it). Whatever the reason I am "bringing pink back" into my decor!


Pink can be soothing or stimulating (depending on its intensity), but is always happy. When I think of my favorite shade of pink, I think of a pale pink peony. I love the subtleness of soft pink and I am determined to come out of my comfort zone and incorporate it more throughout my house. Pink is said to reveal your softer side and encourages conversation. In its bolder shades, it can sometimes be garish, so the key is to temper it with colours that bring out its best. Soft pinks obviously look great with the pastel hues, but also are fantastic with shades of taupe, brown, silver, and even black (in small doses). The bolder shades look great with darker browns, lime greens, and orange. Pink is a colour to have fun with: incorporate it gently. Instead of painting a whole room, introduce pink through the use of pillows, artwork, candles, a chair or even fresh flowers. Bring in enough pink to enjoy; but like anything sweet, don't over-indulge!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...