Our perfect trip









I think I just had the best weekend I've had in a long time. I went to Bangor and Augusta, Maine with my mum and sister, Wendy and we had the time of our lives. I'm sure this means I'm easily pleased in some people's books, but I had two of my favorite people with me, great shopping, wonderful food, weather and a beautiful hotel room. This trip was long overdue. We were meant to go last year, but my mum was quite ill and it was just not possible. Time got away from us, so I finally took the bull by the horns and planned everything, prodded mum and Wendy to save their pennies and did my best to get everyone fired up about going!

If you have never, or haven't in a long time, gone on a trip with your mother, sister(s), or best friends, then you should really consider it. There is nothing like travelling with other women you adore. No one gets upset if you take a wrong turn, there's nobody telling you that you "don't need to buy that", and kids, birth stories, decorating and men are always acceptable topics of conversation! We had a blast and each of us had a spring in our step that is sometimes not there in the run of a usual day. We shopped to our hearts content, revelled in the bargains, ate what we wanted when we wanted and had many good laughs. If you can possibly go on a similar trip, do it. It will do your soul good!

As predicted, Target was a favorite of mine, but the highlight was The Christmas Tree Shop!! We were like excited schoolgirls as we picked up bargain upon bargain. I am preparing to decorate my pool area and they had tons of great stuff for that. Mum found beautiful lamps for $10 each and I found garden flags for $1.69 and those tin stars that are so popular were $3.99 for the huge ones! Why we pay $25 here for them I can't comprehend... The Shabby chic collection was better than ever and I bought a pillow for my bed that encompasses my style completely. It has pom pom fringe, a bluebird and the phrase "sweet dreams" on it. Perhaps a bit girly, but I'll make it work. Kohl's was a new stop for us. It turned out to be the best place to buy clothes!! I bought nine tops there that I love and along with an outfit for Sophie and a garden flag stand, spent just $150 for it all!! They had to drag me out of there!!!

I've posted some pictures of our trip and some of the treasures we picked up. The photo of the chandelier and dining table was taken at our hotel...very pretty. I hope I've inspired you to take yourself away for a girl's trip. We made great memories and vow to make it an annual event. What a great Mother's Day...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...