Bits and Bobs

I went on a little tour around my house today to see if I had anything new to show you all. I am in slow motion mode with all the humidity we are having and feeling rather uninspired from a decorative standpoint. I usually do very little to the interior of my own home in the summer. Fall and winter is my time to get inspired and, last year, also proved to be the busiest time for my business. So, lots of thinking and dreaming come then... For now, I'll just show you a few more of my treasures and recent purchases.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I purchased some really pretty, shabby-chic inspired curtains. I got them for $20 for the pair and they have added a bit of softness to the windows in my dining area. I hung them from swing-out rods that I picked up at Walmart. Cheap and easy, and if I want a little more sun to come in, I can just swing them out of the way! I also bought a kitchen scale at a lovely home decor shop where my mum lives in N.B. It is the exact powder blue as my kitchen cabinets and I almost passed it up! I rarely have reason to weigh food, so I really was trying to be sensible and not get it. Well, Miss Sensible herself, my mum, talked me into getting it!! She is the one who usually talks me out of purchases, telling me " Ochh, you don't really need that, Linda." When we went to Bangor, Me. in the spring, I even warned her not to do that to me!! So, in this case, when my own mother is telling me to buy something... well... I am an obedient daughter. It wouldn't be very nice not to listen to my own mum!!! Anyway, I truly love it and it is one of those "aahh" purchases. No regrets!!


I also thought I'd show you some beautiful file folders I picked up at Homesense (Canada's version of T.J. Maxx in case you're wondering) a while back. They are so beautiful I have not yet had the heart to use them. I want to display them where I can enjoy them. I thought about using them for client files, but I cannot part with them. They are me through and through!! The picture of them is from Room Service Home where they must have originated before finding themselves on the shelves of where I found them.


Below is a hamper I also picked up a while ago at Winners/Homesense for Sophie's room. It was love at first sight and I decided right off that it was too pretty to put dirty laundry in. So now it is the perfect spot for storing her stuffed animals. I love the colours and the femininity of it...


The final photo is of my baby girl holding my most recent gift from my mum and sister. It is Little Bear from the book series and television show of the same name. Little Bear has been a popular part of our lives for many years and this particular bear was purchased at a yard sale by two of my favorite and most thoughtful people. This bear talks and laughs in true Little Bear style and I will treasure him forever. He brings me back to the days when my children were scrumptious little toddlers...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...