Blue and Light...

I know you may be tired of me showing you so many blue images, but I seem to be drawn more and more to the fresh contrast of a watery blue and crisp white. Perhaps it is the influence of summer, but I am wishing I had painted more of my home in blue. Starting with this lovely foyer and staircase image from House Beautiful... How wonderful would it feel to open your front door and be greeted by that??!!


Next, I'd take myself into this beautiful living room, put up my feet on the coffee table (after dusting off the sand), and reach for a book from that glorious bookcase. Don't you just love the pretty blue shade they have painted the interior of the cabinet? I'm going to do that...I'm just not sure where yet!







Next, I'd head up that staicase to the waiting bath. I've always wanted a clawfoot tub. When my hubby was waiting for me to finish up university so I could move to Baddeck and join him, he rented a little house that had the perfect clawfoot tub. It was wonderful and probably the only thing that house had going for it (ants moved in each fall and the rest of it had a smell of rotten eggs that wasn't so charming...!!). The joys of vintage plumbing!! Well, back to my daydream...


























photos: Pom Pom Interiors








These chandeliers qualify, in my book, as being the most beautiful I have ever seen. I am drawn to the really sparkly ones and I don't think I've ever seen sparklier!! The dining hutch with its perfectly chipped paint and reflective glass is heavenly...I want it all!! From the lamps to the pendant lights I think I've just encountered all that is perfect about the combination of blue and light. I am also dreaming about that gorgeous blue mantle and mirror surround. Now, how the heck am I going to get any of this or recreate it on my budget?? I think this has given me the spark I needed to get inspired to "go on the hunt" again and lighten up my home further!! I feel a road trip coming on...!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...