My Mother's House...






My mother has great style. She is very humble about it, but it's true. She loves decorating as much as I do and we always have a great time shopping together. Our tastes do vary on minor things, but I could definitely go around her home and "shop" many of her furnishings and decorative accessories!! No one can spruce up a piece of furniture like my mum. She can turn a yard sale piece into an absolute treasure with just a lick of paint, the right knobs, and some decorative paint in just the right dose. She never overdoes it and the colours she selects end up being perfect for the piece. I always envision what I'd do to update an old piece of furniture, but the follow-through...it seldom happens! When she comes to visit, she'll often wander around my house and offer sage advice like "that would be so much prettier if you painted it ". I always tell her I am actually waiting patiently for her to do it for me...!!


Mum has the most beautiful dishware, vintage accessories and pictures, many of which she inherited from my beloved Auntie Jean, who helped raise my mum after her own mother passed away. Auntie Jean had wonderful taste and cared for her things impeccably. It is a trait which has been passed down to my mum as well. My mother is a very neat and tidy lady, and I always say it is her fault that I, too, have the "disease" of tidying our way out the door. In truth, any comparisons to my mother leave me pleased as punch. She is a lovely, kind person with a knack for making her home beautiful and welcoming. She has been a great influence on me in more ways than I can count; and I can't help myself, but ever since I was a little girl, I thought she was the prettiest mum ever. I hope you have enjoyed touring my mother's home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...