Happiness is...





Obviously, the things that make me the happiest are not things at all. They are the people in my life who I love and who love me. Family of course, and good friends. I have always been the type to have a few really good friends rather than a big crowd who I haven't made deep connections with. As I have gotten older, I have found that you should surround yourself with people who truly care about you, who wish only the best for you and basically, "who have your back". I am happy to say that I have a nice circle of friends whom I trust and enjoy being with . This leads me to one of the "things" that make me happy... It is a movie, and it is one that evokes two strong emotions from me- happiness and sadness. It is "Steel Magnolias".

Steel Magnolias is, in my opinion, THE best movie of all times. It represents all that is good about female friendships, and the Southern spin it has makes me want to be transplanted into their little town and hang out with those wonderful women. They bicker, gripe, laugh, but most of all care for each other and honour their friendships with a loyalty that should be there, always.


Other things that make me happy are beautiful collectibles such as vintage linens, glitter, gorgeous lighting, beautiful shoes, silver jewellry, aprons, comfy chairs, cream ironstone, slipcovers, crystal knobs, chandeliers, claw foot tubs, old-fashioned flowers like peonies, sweet william, daisies, cosmos, etc. I love driftwood, seashells, rustic benches, a good cup of tea, porch swings, chinese food, party planning, cast-iron birds, nests with eggs, and anything robin's egg-blue. Throw in soft pink bedding, pom-pom fringe, rick-rack, and a little bit of milk-glass, and I'm a happy girl, indeed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...