(Vintage) Christmas in July




Now I don't really know where the term (or idea) of Christmas in July came from. I'm pretty sure it is just one more way for the stores to milk the Christmas season. I am definitely one for promoting the magic of Christmas in December only, however, I will take advantage of the idea to show you my Christmas card from last year. I am quite proud of it...





My family has long had a love affair with the movie, "A Christmas Story". It is a classic that gets watched in our household every December. It appeals to me on so many levels...it is a vintage lover's delight, the characters are lovable but flawed, and it makes me laugh - every time I watch it!!!




One of my all-time favourite scenes is when they dare Flik to stick his tongue to the icy pole. In fact, they triple-dog dare him to!!! Well, I decided I was going to recreate that moment for my annual Christmas card. Here is the result...

***Don't worry, it was a really mild day out, so we didn't have to call the Fire Dept. to unstick Sophie's tongue!!!!

Isn't she a good little actress??!!
I'm off to Saint John today to see my family...AND I'm having my annual yardsale before I go!!!!! Have I gone completely mad because it sure feels like it!! STRESSED OUT is me...!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...