Keeping cool...by the pool !!

Well, we are 80% finished with the pool and pool deck. All that remains is to put up some more privacy lattice around the top of the deck, build the changing room (Paul has something special in mind), and finish installing the white pool railing at the back of the pool. We decided to go that route at the back as we have total privacy in our back yard and the trees are so lovely to look at.We are finally getting some proper pool weather and I can finally stop whining about the rain. However, anyone who knows me knows I don't mind complaining about hot, humid weather either!! I won't now though, because if I get too hot I can drag my sorry self into the pool; and now that Paul installed the air conditioner in the kitchen window, inside is also nice and cool. I can now be one of those people who seem so easy going about the heat. That's me...cool and collected...never complaining about the weather...!!!

Here is my "perch" as Paul calls it. I bought the lounge chair strictly because it was silver sage, one of my favourite colours, and luckily it is oh so comfortable as well. It is where I do my life-guarding now that the kids are in the pool all day. Did you notice the umbrella? It is within the basket of flowers itself. It is one of my favourite things I have created. First I placed a cast iron umbrella stand in the empty basket. Next, I added a plastic catch pan for the water run-off from the flowers. I had to cut a hole in it and slip it over the umbrella stand post. Then, I also cut a hole in a large flower pot and slipped it over the post as well. Next, I added a bit of gravel. Then I put the actual umbrella into the stand, added some soil and the plants and voila. A pretty, shady spot to shield me from the worst of the heat while I lightly peruse my decorating mags (...I mean lifeguard)."Hey, no diving!!" Actually, that's a handstand...I really do lifeguard them well...


Next up is The Bar. I didn't want one of those iron sets from Walmart/Canadian Tire as they didn't fit with my beachy/relaxed scheme. This I found at a friend's yard sale and I think it was meant for books or a television. I saw bar when I looked at it. Not that it's ever been used in that sense. We actually use it more for putting the kids snacks on, and it is very useful. I strung some netting I had picked up at Target and the shell lights are from the Christmas Tree Shop. So pretty at night...Speaking of night, we have an underwater light for the pool, but I found these beautiful lanterns at Winners/Homesense. I love them and they take a candle so they were perfect!! Aren't they pretty??

This is Sophie's little spot to sit with her friends. I set up tic-tac-toe on one of the little green tables and she likes to challenge us to a game. We don't dare win as she is a bit of a sore loser!!

This sign, Paul practically laughed me out of the house over! He couldn't figure out the need to have such a sign (he's so literal!!) but I didn't want anyone getting lost on their way... Next, is the coveted lounge chair on the kid's side of the deck. The boys don't seem to care that it is a bit girly, because that pad on the lounger is sooo comfy. I picked it up last year at Pier One...on sale. The boys look pretty cute on it!!
Lastly, before you go in this pool,
You need to read these rules:
Number five is the most important rule of all, don't you think? I must admit, I ask each of Sophie's friends if they'd like to visit the bathroom before they jump in. I'm a bit paranoid, I know, but better safe than sorry!! After all, it's not really the beach...!!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...