It's a good thing...






















Yes, I am borrowing the incomparable Martha Stewart's tag line! I am hereby crowning myself the "Accessories Queen". I truly believe accessories can make or break a space. They should be selected carefully, with thought given to the big picture...and finding the right accessories can give you a thrill like no other decorating decision!

I was caught in a lie today and I have to confess... I went to town today with almost all the girls in my family, and had a great afternoon. After lunch, some of us wanted to head to Old Navy, but since I wasn't in the clothes shopping mood (we had just had a big lunch), Denise and I took the little ones over to Winners/Homesense...just to allow the others to have uninterrupted shopping time...~ahem, cough, cough~. That was the intention, of course!!

I had just finished announcing that I wasn't looking for a thing that day, I really didn't need anything, and anything I did buy I surely would have no place for. Well...it wasn't my fault that Winners had pink polka-dotted brooms and dust mops!! And surely buying something you clean with can't really be considered wasteful, can it? Oh, and the wall sconce with the crystal flower petals will come in handy if the power goes out...and after all, there was only one so I actually saved money!! There was also a sale on the prettiest floral shabby-chic curtain panels. Two for twenty dollars...why, they were practically giving them away!! I certainly couldn't make them for that!! They'll be so pretty...oops... I mean functional for keeping out the strong sun for the six weeks we get it... Besides, Denise was getting some too, so I didn't want her to think I didn't like them!!

You see what I mean?? Accessories. I just can't stop myself from picking them up here and there. They are just so pretty, and so much easier to buy than plunking down the same amount of money on just one thing. I know I have a bit of a problem, but I will settle down now and head into Value Village and have a look. There they really are "giving" stuff away, and you never know: I just might be lucky enough to find some pretty vintage aprons for my collection. Maybe I'll find one with pink polka-dots on it to match my new broom...

I thought I'd leave you with some pictures of great accessories. Have fun shopping for your own. If you ever need any help...just give me a call. It's my specialty!!




















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...